Herøya – Norway
Green Ammonia Facility
Aker Clean Hydrogen, Yara and Statkraft have agreed to co-develop a green ammonia facility at Herøya, Norway:
- Full electrification of ~500,000 tonnes ammonia unit
- Removing ~800,000 tonnes CO2 per year
- The project will utilize the existing ammonia facility and related infrastructure
- The partners will own and operate the facility with 1/3 ownership each
- Offtake secured towards Yara — the world’s leading fertilizer company and one of the largest ammonia traders in the world
Berlevåg – Norway
Green ammonia production to provide shipping industry and off-grid communities in the Arctic with carbon-free energy from 2025. Aker Clean Hydrogen and Varanger Kraft to each own 50 percent of the project.
Rjukan – Norway
Aker Clean Hydrogen, Tinn municipality and Rjukan Næringsutvikling have agreed to develop a greenfield hydrogen facility in Rjukan, Norway.
- The project will utilize access to low-cost hydropower to develop a market leading LCOH project
- Offtake towards ferry and shipping companies in the eastern Norway
- Rjukan is the birthplace of Norway’s first hydrogen facility, built in 1927.
Aker Clean Hydrogen and Mainstream Renewable Power are collaborating on developing a complete a commercially viable green value chain in Chile, aiming to be one of the lowest cost ammonia facilities globally.
Aker Clean Hydrogen and Aker BioMarine have agreed to develop a green ammonia facility in Uruguay. This will enable a complete zero-emission value chain for Aker BioMarine, from harvesting of krill in Antarctica through logistics and manufacturing.